Nowsdays, attractivity of countries and territories is in part measured with the level of maturity of its government in providing e-Government and Smart-Government initiatives. Citizens and investors are perceiving thier own public sector as provider of services whose reachability and quality of service need to be continuously improved.
The initiatives of E-Government and Smart-Government, have great impact in reducing administration headaches, increasing productivity and providing around-the-clock information to citizens and enterprises.
We have seen many transformations on the public sector since 2000:
- The provided services are becoming transactional and not only informational
- Solutions are been deployed into smartphones giving birth to Smart-Government; a trend named after the use of “smart” mobile phones.
- Content contextualization have been widely adopted.
- Many processes are being ported into the web and mobile channels.
- Thanks to web/mobile enabling processes, public adminisrators started implementing and monitoring key performance indicators (KPI) for services offered by public administrations.
- E-Goverment and Smart-Goverment may result in changes on the organization of the public administrations by replacing many citizen-facing tasks into back-office BPO (business process outsourcing) tasks.
- Dematerialization and going paperless have boosted adoption of E-Government initiatives.
- Open-source as well as proprietary software solutions have emerged to enable these transformations.
- Increased and cheaper connectivity between public information systems helped build G2G (Government to Government) services.
- Adoption of BPM (business process management) solutions help detecting bottlenecks, anticipate capacity, monitor performance and make processes more agile
All these trends made out the public sector a very dynamic IT sector in many regions and growth is expected to continue in the coming years.
Many challenges are facing public entities to scale up to the Smart-Government era with many hot topics:
- Provide citizens with necessary information from anywhere, any time and from any device
- Enhance quality of services provided by public entities and provide them 24×7
- Encourage help-your-self citizen approach in getting and providing information
- Protect privacy and provide secure solutions and services
- Provide better educational services and spread education where citizens are
- Reduce paperwork required to fulfill administrative tasks by building G2G (governmet to government) connected services
- Allow requesting official documents by web and mobile without need for moving physically to admintsrations
- Provide citizens and enterprises with accurate information of their on-going applications and requests
- Provide decision-makers with Key Performance Indicators for quality of the services and processes
- Provide equal access to sevices including in rural areas and for expatriates
- Boost Employment and knowledge of employment-related initiatives.
- Elections, voting and surveys
- Increase safety of communities and citizens
Our Value Proposition
We have deployed several capabilities for the public sectors such as:
- Our expertise in building Smart Mobile Government solutions
- Experience in building Java/JEE web portals
- Location-based solutions
- Responsive and HTML5 development skills
- Performance and benchmarking for building scalable solutions
- Business Process Management